Get in touch

Please do get in touch... destinationleogane@gmail.com

Friday 29 April 2011

Countdown to Project Leogane...

4 weeks until I board the plane. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the name, Leogane is a small coastal town just outside Port-au-Prince in Haiti, and one of many places affected by the devastating January 2010 earthquake. I can only hope to be useful and will work real hard to make my contribution to the projects that All Hands Volunteers have set up - a non-profit organisation that I will be volunteering with who provide disaster relief. As clichéd as it may sound, I hope to make a little difference.

I have no expectations. I feel a mixture of nerves and anticipation.

A lot of negative things have been said about Haiti and it's people. For me, Haiti conjures up thoughts of strength and resilience. Beyond the news reports, I want to see - for myself - the state of Haiti and what life is like for Haitians now; and then feedback on my return through this blog.

I would like to say a big THANK YOU to family & friends for their support and donations!

No comments:

Post a Comment