Get in touch

Please do get in touch... destinationleogane@gmail.com

Friday 28 June 2013

10 things I miss/love about Haiti

Woahhhhhhhhh! It's been almost 2 years since I was in Haiti, so I thought I'd share a list of things I really miss... In no particular order...of course!

1.Egg sandwiches on the roadside (choice is always limited when you don't eat meat). I reminisce about them bring so tasty and full of flavour. Deee-licious!! The simple things in life...
2. A smile amidst adversity 
3. The nature
4. Stephenson, possibly the cutest kid I've ever met (see below)
5. Hope. It's infectious...
6. Everyone is a walking inspiration 
7. Absence of "woe is me"
8. Visiting Fort Jacques- a reminder of the fight for Haitian independence, an indescribable feeling like I was on top of the world with stunning views of Port au Prince, never seen anything quite like it. Thanks to the hospitality of a local family I was able to visit
9. Learning to love raw tomatoes! I thought this task was insurmountable, but I guess not! 
10. The beautiful friendships that I made...you know who you are

Thinking of you Chris Zahuta...a genuine friend and hard grafter who sadly passed away in Haiti, July 2011, helping to make a difference.

If you remember anything about this post, let it be, don't forget about HAITI.


No comments:

Post a Comment