Get in touch

Please do get in touch... destinationleogane@gmail.com

Friday 3 June 2011

Every little counts!

Thankfully, it hasn't rained today and I'm not feeling too damp either, although I don't want to speak too soon lol. However, this is rainy season! Just completed my orientation, all went smoothly. Had a walk nearby the base to familiarise myself with my surroundings. All the locals were very friendly and I said Bonjou to people who I passed by and vice versa. A totally different experience to London!I have contemplated how much use I can be in such a short period of time; however, as corny as it sounds, I have come to realise that every little bit of hard work really does count. The work should be measured in what is actually done and its impact, and not just the amount of time spent. So, if you are thinking about getting involved in some disaster relief work in Haiti or any other country for that matter, don't be discouraged even if you only have a week to offer. You will make a difference!

I'm really looking forward to engaging in my first project this afternoon...rubble clearing! Will update later :)



Exhibits A & B - local scenes in Leogane
Exhibit C - my (fairly) comfortable abode- the bottom bunk!

1 comment:

  1. amazing and a true life experience pictures..more than just words. seriously u are a super human..your effort and time there is all rewarding personally and to the people of Hiati.

    ReplyDelete