Get in touch

Please do get in touch... destinationleogane@gmail.com

Thursday 9 June 2011

It didn't rain today!!!

For the first time since I got here, I haven't had to work in the pouring rain! Only this time it was replaced by the baking SUN. My cold bucket shower this evening never felt so refreshing, and I am loving them! I have worked real hard and have the blisters to prove it!  Don't even talk to me about mosquito bites!! I shovelled rubble all day at a new site, which I have worked on twice now - a home that was destroyed in the earthquake, very tough to see. I was able to break up the rice n bean meals today with an egg sandwich made by a local lady on the roadside not far from the base - delicious! As I look at my surroundings I realise just how grateful and inspired I am from this experience and the Haitians most of all. And this time away from my reality at home has fuelled my motivation to continue with my studies and other projects that I am involved with back home. It's a great feeling. Anyway, off to bed now morning meeting at 7am. Night folks!

P.S. I can honestly say that I have NEVER worked this hard (physically) before! Wow, I have amazed myself...

1 comment:

  1. an ongoing episode..keep it going miss lady...this will be an ever-present life experience.

    ReplyDelete